Thanks to Hakim's family who donated some puppets and masks, we started our lesson a little differently today. We used the props to aid our retelling.
At the start of the week we thought about improving the story to make our own version. We boxed up the text and came up with some ideas for new characters and problems.
We then made some story maps to show what would happen in our new version of the story.
Our new characters are Three Fluffy Cats and a Nasty Crocodile. We worked on character description by working in groups to generate adjectives to describe the new characters. Tomorrow we are going to put our ideas into amazing sentences!